Friday, July 20, 2007

I heard You say

"I heard You say You came to heal the sick;
Then why am I still lying here?
Am I one to whom You say,
'Oh ye of little faith'?
You said You were a doctor...
And I believed You.
The requirement for Your services
Was to have 'mustard seed-sized' faith.
I have that.
I've always had that.
I must misunderstand what it means to be sick--
And what it means to be healed.
There's pressure to 'enjoy' the process.
But They're not in it.
They're not crying tears of sorrow
On this lovely post-sunset eve.
And You...
Do I even know who You are?
Sometimes I'm just not sure.
Sometimes I feel like I don't care.
Sometimes I don't know what I feel.
Do You?
Do You know 'Why'?
Is there an answer to that question?
Am I asking the wrong question?
I once heard You say, 'Follow me.'
But sometimes I don't recognize Your face
Or hear Your voice--
And I lose You in the lonely forest.
Why do You let me get lost?
Am I lost?
Can I get lost?
...It's really not lonely at all.
I am with You when I am with the trees.
We dance together.
But They tell me I should be reading Your words
On murdered trees instead.
'There is no truth in dancing,' They say.
But I will go on dancing anyway."

~by me...written last Thursday after a beautiful sunset that didn't seem beautiful to me.

No comments: